Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Monday, May 30, 2005

Sounds of the 70s

One of the local radio stations has been playing an all 70s weekend, and it reminded me of all of those "Sounds of the 70s" cds that they used to advertise on TV. Remember TimeLife's "Sounds of Soul," "Monster 80s," and ... ? Is it possible that broadband, Napster, and iTunes made those compilation cds obsolete? I can say that I don't miss the commercials. Especially those with love songs that showed the dorky couple drinking wine and walking on the beach. I didn't see them carrying a stereo, so I don't think they'd really be listening to music while walking on the beach, do you? Unless of course they had worked something out with all of the people who owned beach houses. Wouldn't that be funny? I think I would like to try that sometime :)

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the rock ballads one from that Time Life series at a yardsale my neighbor was having a few years ago. Surprisingly not horrible... umm at least not as bad as the commercial for it. (although it can't have been that great, I think I lost it already)
-Brooke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home