Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Trading Spaces isn't all bad

It teaches you things like sanding before you paint something. Apparently the person who had the $5 dresser before we had it didn't follow this simple rule. Just a light sanding to rough up the surface will help the next layer of paint stick to the previous layer (more surface area and all that). Well, the paint was coming off in a few places, so I thought, "I've got some extra time, I'll give it a quick sanding and do some touch ups." No siree-bob. I started sanding and the paint started peeling. Not a happy sight. So... we're borrowing a sander from someone at church, and we're just going to paint the whole thing (in case you've never tried, hand sanding a dresser, even a small one like this, gets old very quickly).

1 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Hand sanding may be a pain, but in the end it will always do a better job than a power sander. A power sander will do a nice job, but the finishing touch should always be by hand...Plus the neighbors don't get as upset when you're sanding after your 8 o'clock early Friday morning...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home