Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

A little article about teachers

The question is, "Are Teachers Overpaid?" I think this article definitely highlights the important issues between taxes and teachers' salaries. If you want to know why teachers should be paid more, the answer is: "Today, potential teachers--men or women--have so many other options that it's the teaching profession that must compete, against other lines of work, to reel in the top talents. Otherwise, instead of teaching, those top talents might choose to be... Well, let's see: police officers, accountants, department store buyers, architects, computer systems analysts, engineers, attorneys, professors, or doctors, for example. "

I know no one wants to pay taxes, but if you're going to pay for something, don't you want your kids (and your neighbors' kids) to be taught by someone who is the best, who could have been anything? That way, future generations will have a better chance of being anything! I know it's not all about money, and maybe you're thinking that the best teachers are the ones who are doing it because they love it, not because they make as much as an engineer, but I'll tell you one thing, you'd have to pay me a lot more than my mom gets paid to do what she does, especially if I could have an easier job for more money. And anyone who doesn't think it's hard to be a teacher doesn't remember what 7th grade was like :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home