Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Thursday, April 29, 2004

I want to talk about fashion

Now, I know that I spent a great deal of my life avoiding fashion, and, quite frankly, looking a little odd. It wasn't for lack of trying, but I am just a little fashion challenged. I consider myself greatly improved in the last 2 years or so, partly thanks to my husband who reminds me to buy clothes that fit. This, apparently, is key to looking fashionable - who knew? Anyway, I have noticed a "new" fashion trend as I wander through the stores, namely, ruffled skirts (you know the ones I'm talking about, with different layers of ruffle one over another - comes down to your knees....). When I was a kid, in the 80s, I had a purple one with little white fish on it. It was really cute, and since my mom made it, she could add ruffles as I grew. Anyway, I've started seeking these skirts all over - Target, WalMart, just around campus here. It's amazing - like we've stepped back in time and should start getting perms and using large amounts of hairspray. I don't miss making my bangs about 5" higher than my head, and I hope that these skirts don't mean a return to such annoying, time consuming fashion. Wash and go, that's my motto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home