Since my life is more than shoes...

I thought I'd share it with you

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Excuse me, I'm inviting students to....

So I was sitting outside at one of the picnic tables today during my 4:30ish break when a Chinese woman came up to me and said, "Excuse me, I'm from the University (insert something about the Bible or Religion here - it was a little loud and I couldn't hear) club, and I'm inviting students..." I stopped her right there and said "I'm not a student." She looked at me funny and didn't seem to know what to say, so I said, "I'm actually a faculty member" (which isn't quite true, technically I'm a staff member, but I didn't figure it mattered). Well, this led her to try to converse with me (I think she was a well trained missionary, but I really just wanted to read my book and enjoy the sun), and she asked me what class I taught. Well then I had to tell her that I actually just work in the library. As she was about to tell me all about her organization, I finally just told her that yes, I go to church and Bible study and I'm very happy where I am. I didn't want her to have to waste her time on me, since I really don't get out of work in time to go to any meetings or events. She seemed satisfied that I wasn't a lost soul sitting alone and went on her way. She was quite nice, so maybe she'll find someone else to help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home